Wednesday, November 1, 2017

IF vs Outsiders

I was reading a poem called “IF” and while it was reading the poem IF, it reminding me of the book Outsiders. The poem IF kept on saying words that can describe the Greasers and it can relate to Ponyboy and Dally.
    For example when i was reading the poem the first stanza was “We real cool” I thought of the Greasers because they think they are all cool with here leather jackets there greasy hair and how they are in a group/gang and it can relate to, Two-Bit because he is all cool heartless in the group and strong so i thought like he was the cool one in the group. Second stanza said “We left school” again it reminded me of the Greasers how some of them left school and back when it said “we real cool” the some of the Greasers probably think that they are too cool for school. Third stanza was “We lurk late”  I thought of Ponyboy and Johnny when they ran out to the park at night when the soc came and just in general the Greasers stay out at night. Fourth stanza was kind of sad to me when I thought about this because I thought about Johnny and when he died and he died young so I thought it was sad. Finally, the final stanza said “we strike straight” I thought when the Greasers strike the soc and won.

No comments:

Post a Comment